Monday, June 3, 2013

My Weekend + Happy Monday

This was the second year I've participated in Relay for Life, which raises money for the Canadian Cancer Society, and it took place this past Friday (just one of the many relay events being held in Ottawa). It's such a fun event (although I admit I didn't last the entire night this time) and the luminary ceremony, honouring those who have passed on from cancer, is so touching.


I have been growing my hair for a few years now (as well as keeping it natural - no dyes) in order to cut and donate it. It was finally time, and I made it a part of my fundraising efforts for the relay. (The hair is being donated to the Canadian charity Angel Hair for Kids.) What do you think of the new look?


On Saturday we were invited to my grandparents' home for a bbq to welcome/celebrate a new baby in the family. My grandmother baked these delicious and beautiful cakes for the occasion (the little one was gluten-free, just for me! THANKS grandma :)

We had been asked to arrive earlier than usual, and when asked to pick up some pink streamers I assumed my help was needed to decorate before the rest of the family arrived. Little did I know, I was in for an AMAZING surprise ...


My dad (whom I hadn't seen since the wedding last September) had flown across the Country for a surprise, weekend visit!! I gave him the biggest hug, and I may have cried like a baby teared up a bit :p 

I hope you all had a great weekend as well, and have a fabulous week!


p.s. Found this great quote and wanted to share


No comments:

Post a Comment