Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Amanda Palmer & the Art of Asking

I don't know about you guys, but I've been really into TED talks lately; I've JUST discovered them (have I been living under a rock?) even though apparently they've been around for 30 years!! Wow.

I want to share one with you today that really resonated with me as an artist. Although the focus on the talk is about music, I still think it's a message worth sharing here on this blog because it's one that all art forms can embrace. I stumbled upon it the other day and I just think this woman is AMAZING, and she asks a very thought provoking question: Instead of asking how we can make people pay for music, we should be asking - how do we LET them?

Mind. Blown.


Enjoy, and let me know in the comments if this TED talk resonated with you (or if/why it didn't)! 

3 comments:

  1. I hardly ever watch a video on a blog - especially when I see that it's over 13 minutes long! - but this really drew me in immediately. Absolutely brilliant and captivating! Thanks for sharing this.

    I actually wanted to say thanks so much for your lovely comment on my birthday post. It felt weird to post a picture of myself, but I'm glad I did it - it seemed to be in the right context for me...

    I hope you're well and happy. Good to see a post from you :-)

    Carole xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you liked the video. I know the length can sometimes turn people off, but sometimes the message is just so worth sharing! You're very welcome, and I'm well and happy, thank you :)





    ReplyDelete