Friday, March 15, 2013

25 Things You Don't Know About Me

The other day, while majorly procrastinating from my studies, I was reading a highly respected journal - okay, it was US Weekly - and I decided to copy their wildly popular* "25 Things You Don't Know About Me" column here on this little ol' blog of mine. Because, you know, it means I can procrastinate some more.

And I can only imagine how desperate you all** are to know more about me. After all, I'm a really interesting person. So here goes, 25 things you don't know about me:

1. I'm right handed, but I was born a lefty.
2. I used to be an actress, and I once lived in Toronto (for 2 whole months) and had an agent.
3. My husband and I moved in together after 4 months of dating and bought a house together after 6.
4. For 3 of those months we lived in a dorm room with a washroom and a microwave (And we didn't kill each other. That's true love.).
5. I invented Crumpilates. Really. It's a combination of Pilates and Crumping.
6. I love crumping. I mean. REALLY love it. I get a lot of stares, especially when I'm not in a club!
7. I once posed as a 1940's Vargas pin-up girl for a highly respected artist (he's sold paintings to George Lucas!).
8. I talk to myself. Like, all the time (usually I'm rehearsing scenes out loud) . It caused my sister-in-law to once ask me if I was talking to my food. That was a shining moment!
9. I'm always talking about what I would do if I won the lottery but I've never bought a lottery ticket.
10. I like eating weird food combinations (like cheese with peanut butter, or rice with soy sauce and mayonnaise - it only sounds gross, I promise)
11. I'm an introvert. Okay, those who know me are probably laughing right now, but I am. I am an introvert who has forced herself to be outgoing, but I still need to schedule regular solitude to refill the well
12. I'm afraid of failure ...
13. But I'm even more afraid of success.
14. I care too much what other people think, to the point that I let it hold me back far too often than I'm comfortable to admit.
15. I can sing in Arabic. Okay, a verse and a chorus to one song, but still.
16. I fall in love easily.
17. I cuss like a sailor, yet most people are always surprised when they hear me swear (I guess I look more innocent than I am :p).
18. I sleep with a stuffed puppy when my husband is travelling for work (TMI?)
19. Ever since I was a little girl I've wanted to be famous
20. My favorite colour is green.
21. I hate shopping (unless it's for books, of course)
22. I can date my paternal family tree back to 1600's France
23. I'm a HUGE musical theatre geek. I've seen Wicked twice!!
24. When I'm alone in my house, I youtube the sh*t out of my favorite karaoke songs and sing my heart out!
25. I used to get paid to sit around and do my homework (i.e. I was an extra on film sets)

Okay, so there you have it. 25 things you didn't know about me (and maybe didn't want to, but now you do. Deal with it! lol)


* I'm not the only one who loves this column, am I?
** All 7 of you! Seriously though, thanks for supporting my little space on the big-wide web. 

2 comments:

  1. Nice. So were you forced to become a righty or did that happen on its own??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say forced, but more because of circumstance not because anyone forced me too. When I was about 4-years-old, my left index finger got into a fight with the chain of an exercise bike (while it was in motion). Because of my mom's quick thinking, and the fact that we were right next to the hospital when it happened they were able to save my finger, but my hand was bandaged for a long time and I guess I got tired of waiting around, so I started using my right instead!

    Always the go-getter :p (or just impatient)

    ReplyDelete