Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013 Resolutions

Too often New Years Resolutions end up like this ...


But resolutions are such a HUGE part of the New Year, at least for me. There's nothing more inspiring than a fresh start; the opportunity to be the person you want to be and move forward. So I make them anyway! Here are a few of mine for 2013:

1) Finally finish my current WIP ...

It's been 5 years in the works now ... enough is enough. just do it! 

2) Get in shape & be more conscious of the food I eat (of course lol) ...

I'm also thinking of doing this juice cleanse to detox now that the holidays are over (I definitely over-indulged). For those of you that don't know, I have celiac disease, so being conscious of what I put in my body is really important (although it should really be important to everybody, but I know that is easier said than done) and I haven't always been the best at sticking to a gluten-free diet :s I'm committing myself to making a change this 2013!! My husband and I just watched the documentary Hungry for Change on Netflix, and we both really liked it (and now have the urge to buy a juicer, lol). It gets slightly infomercial-ly at some points, but overall it has a great message.

3) De-clutter & Organize ...

YES, this is my home office :( Believe it or not, this is actually better than it was before I started tackling it this past weekend, lol. Clearly I have a long way to go, but I'm motivated to keep going (even if it's just so I can post an "after" picture on this blog so I can prove I'm not a complete hopeless mess :p). If you're in the same boat as me, this blog has so many great tips, and you can find a great post on office organization here & here

4) Read more awesome books ...

Just finished reading Do the Work by Steven Pressfield (follow up to War of Art) and am currently reading Natalie Goldberg's Writing Down the Bones. Definitely required reading for writers/artists! Also want to make some time for great fiction. 

5) And perhaps the most difficult, but also the most important ...


I know that last one is very vague, but it's something that I've been constantly striving towards. One of the reasons I went back to school last year (other than to get a better job that supports my writing) was because I needed the experience of choosing something, sticking with it and finishing it. I'm now going into my last semester and the end is in sight. When that happens, I will be one step closer to realizing #5.

Now, let's see how many of the other resolutions I can stick with lol. 

Wishing you all an amazing 2013!!! 

1 comment:

  1. I particularly like the idea of re-hydrating with margaritas after a run.

    ReplyDelete