Thursday, October 11, 2012

Post-Wedding Relief + Blog Direction

Phheewww. The past few months have been a whirlwind of planning, organizing, and dreaming! But it's official ... I am now a married woman and I couldn't be happier. And I couldn't be happier with how we decided to go about it - just a small intimate backyard ceremony in my grandfather's garden, then a casual BBQ complete with a pig roast! I have to say though, even for a small wedding it was stressful so I can't say I'm not relieved it's over but I wouldn't have changed it for anything :)

 Here are few shots taken by my friend, and talented photographer Daisy ...

 {My beautiful bouquet by a retired local (Ottawa) florist}

{Seriously the most delicious cupcakes ever!! by Sarah J's Cupcakes}

Hair & Makeup: Makeup by Caroline
Shoes: Seychelles (p.s. mine were white ;p) 
(p.p.s. I changed into really comfy jeans and a sweater after the ceremony lol)


On that note, I've been thinking a lot about the direction I want to take this blog - I know, I know, I'm always thinking about that and I'm ALWAYS talking about it, but I really have. Through researching other writing blogs and blogs in general, I'm starting to cultivate my likes and dislikes, as well as assessing my own capabilities . For example, in writing blogs I really love reading the advice other writers have to offer, but I know that as a beginner it's just not a service I feel ready to offer with this blog. Another blog I follow, by a Los Angeles based writer, often consists of the author's own poetry - something I would love to do but still don't feel it's quite right for this particular blog. Perhaps for a spin-off blog ...

Still, this blog is titled "The Write Life". To me that means just that - blogging about my life as a writer. The trouble with that is I'm too good at making up excuses not to write, and I haven't been doing much of it lately. So I'm in a pickle. How can I write about life as a writer if I'm not writing?

I guess I should start writing.

I'll be back soon ... I'm not abandoning you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment