Thursday, July 14, 2011

Moroccan Spice

Currently reading Lulu in Marrakech, by Diane Johnson (she’s also the author of Le Divorce) for a bit of inspiration for one of my short stories. I’ve read this novel before, about a young woman named Lulu Sawyer, who agrees to go undercover for the American CIA in order to retrace money from well-off donors to radical Islamic groups, and I loved it. It has a bit of everything; Intrigue, Glamour, Romance, Culture.


Ever since I saw the 1942 film Casablanca, starring Ingrid Bergman and Humphrey Bogart, I’ve wanted to travel to Morocco, and I hope to go someday in the near future ... perhaps for my honeymoon in 2013! 

 {Photo of the Riad Anayela Resort via Oliveaux}


1/2 oz lemon juice
1/2 oz pomegranate puree or juice
Pour the vodka, cardamom simple syrup, lemon juice and pomegranate puree in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.Shake well.
Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.

Serves 1.

Cardamom Simple Syrup

1 cup water
1/4 cup whole cardamom
2 cups sugar
Bring water and cardamom to a boil.
Stir in sugar until fully dissolved.

Remove from the heat and allow to cool.

Keep in the refrigerator for 3 days, then remove the cardamom
.

2 comments:

  1. You have to go! It's a beautiful country with such nice people, gorgeous landscape and great food :-) Have a lovely evening, Love from London xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!!! My fiance went in high school, and he said he'd like to go back, so I'm hoping we'll go in the next few years :)

    ReplyDelete