Thursday, July 21, 2011

Because I'm a Dummy About Blogs

As you know, I am relatively new to the blogosphere - relatively meaning, I've started a few blogs before but they didn't take. And I knew as much about blogging then as I do now - which is not much. So I was so very happy to come across this book: Google Blogger for Dummies.


If you're like me (i.e. technologically challenged) then this book is worth checking out. I've found loads of tips and tricks just in the first few pages. For example: I was so excited a couple of weeks ago when I finally figured out how to create a hyperlink. All I had to do was switch over to edit html, find the word I wanted to link to, and type out the long code - a href, and all that jazz. This book taught me that all I had to do was highlight the word I wanted to link to, click on the "link" button above and type in the email address.

How easy is that??!!!???

For those of you who are blogging pros, you're probably laughing at me right now, but seriously, that's how web-challenged I am. And I have to say, I'm really enjoying myself since I started this blog a mere 3 weeks ago.

For anyone else out there who struggles to "get" the more technical aspects of blogging, I really recommend this book. On top of learning some basic HTML and all the features of blogger, the book also covers topics such as growing your audience, the business of blogging (i.e. making money from your blog), and networking and relationship building.

For those who don't use blogger, a more recent book, also covering wordpress and typepad, can be found here.

Happy Blogging everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment